1. Privacy Legislation Since January 1, 2004, all organizations collecting, using or disclosing personal information in Canada in the course of commercial activities have been required to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and any applicable “substantially similar” provincial legislation. These obligations extend to Vapor Music.
2. Personal Information. Personal information is defined in PIPEDA as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. In other words, it does not include the information that one expects to find on a business card (other than an e-mail address which is considered to be personal information).
4. Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to Vapor Music’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to legal and/or contractual restrictions and upon reasonable notice. However your withdrawal of consent to Vapor Music’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information may affect Vapor Music’s ability to provide information, goods and services to you, your company or organization. You can ask Vapor Music not to send e-mail marketing communications to you by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or you may let Vapor Music know by contacting Vapor Music’s marketing department at email@example.com. If you prefer not to be contacted by other means, such as by regular mail or by phone, please provide those instructions to Vapor Music in writing to the attention of Vapor Music’s Privacy Officer, whose contact information is provided below.
5. Collection of Personal Information . Generally Vapor Music collects your personal information directly from you when you register to use Vapor Music’s on-line audio file catalogue. However, Vapor Music may also obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as:
- Your other subscription, request for or purchase of information, goods and services from Vapor Music or its affiliates;
- other individuals within your company or organization, where we are dealing with that company or organization;
- your clients;
- your insurance company or other financial institution;
- your legal counsel;
- from a government agency or registry;
- your employer; or
- your accountant.
6. Use of Personal Information Vapor Music may use your personal information to provide information, goods and services to you, your company or organization, to issue invoices and to maintain Vapor Music’s database of clients. Vapor Music may also use your personal information so that Vapor Music may communicate with you about recent industry developments, keep you abreast of Vapor Music and third party news and invite you to Vapor Music and third party events.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information. Generally, Vapor Music does not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent unless permitted or required by applicable law. There are some situations in which Vapor Music may disclose your personal information without your consent. For example:
- when Vapor Music required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- where it is necessary to establish or collect fees or payments; or
- if the information is already on the public record and the disclosure is directly related to the purposes for which it was recorded on the public record.
8. Accuracy of Your Personal Information. It is important that the personal information that Vapor Music has on file be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your personal information changes, please inform Vapor Music so that we can make any necessary changes. Vapor Music may also ask you from time to time whether your personal information is up-to-date.
9. Safeguards. Vapor Music uses various administrative and technological safeguards to ensure that your personal information is protected against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying or alteration. These include: security of Vapor Music’s physical premises; security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized computer access or "hacking"; and internal passwords that restrict access to our electronic files.
10. Access to your Personal Information. You have a right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have it amended, as appropriate. You also have a right to request access to your personal information and receive an accounting of how that information has been used and disclosed, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. For example, if the requested information would reveal personal information about another individual, your access may be limited or denied. If your request for access is denied, Vapor Music will notify you in writing of the reason for the denial. To request access or to amend your personal information, please contact the Vapor Music Privacy Officer at the address below. Vapor Music will respond within 30 days of receipt of your written request.
12. Website Privacy. Like most other organizations, Vapor Music may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information. Vapor Music’s website server will automatically collect IP addresses, and we may use a browser feature called a “cookie” to optimize your visit to a Vapor Music website.
By accessing and browsing our website or the website(s) of any of our affiliates, you agree that we may collect, use and disclose any personal information collected about you through our website, or through the website(s) of any of our affiliates, as described in this Policy.
Ilene C. Bronsteter
Vapor Music Inc.
125 George Street
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org